We have so many ways for you to get involved and support your Library. No matter who you are, what your talents, or how much time you have, we have a way for you to help your Library:
- Join the Friends as a Member
- Donate books
- Buy items at our book sales, book shop and gift shop
- Give a monetary donation to us through PayPal or Colorado Gives
- Still more ways: buy books on eBay, donate through eBay sales, use Amazon Smile
Become a Friends Member
Friends annual membership fees are only $10. That’s right — only $10 per person per year to help bring incredible learning and entertainment to our community. Every additional donation makes a BIG difference.
Look What You Get for $10!
- One Year Membership
- Members Only BIG Book Sale Preview Night
- Discounts for our Special Features Items at our Book Shop & Book Sales
- Regular Newsletter and Announcements
- The sensational satisfaction of making our Library a grander place!
Complete an Application and Pay Your Dues
There are two ways to do it!
Click the button below to pay your membership dues online and complete the online application.
- Download, print, and fill out the PDF version.
- Pay your membership dues…
Make checks payable to the Friends of the Longmont Library. Then mail your check and completed membership form to:
Friends of the Longmont Library
409 4th Ave.
Longmont, CO 80501
Click the PayPal button below to pay your dues through your PayPal account.
Pay By Debit or Credit Card
***SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Click the credit card button below, enter your amount, and click continue. On the next screen, you will see the option to pay by credit card instead of PayPal
Volunteer with Us
Volunteering is easy and fun, with short manageable time slots that are flexible enough for any schedule. Whatever your skills, we’ve got a position for you!
Staff a Book Sale
We host monthly book sales at the Library from September through April on the third weekend of the month. We need help:
- Setting up and/or tearing down the book sales
- Driving and loading the trucks to transfer books from the Library basement storage area up to the book sale rooms
- Serving as a cashier during the book sales (this position requires some training prior to the sale)
- Keeping the books organized and nice-looking during the book sale
Help Operate the Lobby Book Shop
Our year-round Book Shop is found in the Library lobby. We need help selecting and pricing books, stocking shelves, and more.
Sort Our Books
We also need Book Sorters who sort books according to genre in the Friends’ Sorting Room, located in the Library’s basement. Those sorted books make it easy for our Book Shop and Book Sales managers to organize and plan inventory. Our best Book Sorters are people who are analytical thinkers, organized, and like to follow directions.
Sign Up to Volunteer
Got some time to help us out? Complete the online form and let us know what you might be interested in doing. Then our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with all the details. FYI – all volunteers are required to also be members of the Friends, so if you aren’t, be sure to take care of that, too!
Make a Monetary Donation
No time, but still want to help? No problem. You can make a monetary donation without becoming a Friends member, via PayPal or Colorado Gives. To make a donation with a debit or credit card, please follow the credit card instructions above.
Donate Items for Us to Sell
Most of the money we generate for the Library comes from the sale of books and other materials, so you can help simply by donating things for us to sell.
- Video Games
All items must be in NEW, GENTLY USED or in VERY GOOD CONDITION! Please do not donate items that we can’t sell; it takes volunteer time to dispose of them.
Please do not donate:
- Items in poor condition: dirty, moldy, smelly, falling apart, torn, missing covers, excessive markings/underlines…well, you get the picture
- Cassettes, homemade music/video recordings
- Catalogs, phone books, etc.
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Where? There is a drop off location at the north end of the Library’s underground parking garage. Shopping carts are provided for your convenience to unload your vehicle.
Still More Ways to Help
There are also some other easy ways to send a little love our way:
Buy our books on eBay. Our username is LongmontFriends. Check us out!
Donate a percentage of your sales on eBay to us. When you sell items on eBay, you can donate a percentage of your winning bid to us. On the listing form, find the “eBay for Charity” section and select us — LongmontFriends. Read about “Selling to Benefit Nonprofits” on eBay.
Designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. Amazon.com has separate mirror site called Amazon Smile. It’s the same Amazon, same products, same prices, same service! The only difference is that when you buy items on AmazonSmile, the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to your designated charity.
It’s simple to designate us: On your first visit to Amazon Smile, simply type our name — Friends of the Longmont Library — in their charitable organization search box. Follow the prompts to designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. Then whenever you shop Amazon, shop through the AmazonSmile site and every purchase will benefit your Library! Read all the AmazonSmile details.