We have many ways for you to get involved and support our Library:
- Join the Friends as a Member
- Volunteer *temporarily suspended*
- Donate books: Thursdays Only between 9 AM to 12 Noon — please see details below
- Buy items at our book shop, Online Deals and gift shop
- Give a monetary donation to us through PayPal or Colorado Gives
- Still more ways: buy books on eBay, donate through eBay sales, use Amazon Smile
Our Friend’s Members support our mission for a strong Longmont Public Library, funding programs, services and resources. And you get great benefits:
- An annual Membership: renews each year on January 1
- Members Only Book Sale Preview Nights
- Discounts for our Special Features items at our Book Shop, Book Sales and Online Deals
- A monthly online newsletter
- The sensational satisfaction of making our Library a grander place!
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION & PAY YOUR DUES ONLINE
Click the JOIN button below to pay your membership dues online and complete the online application.
MAIL OR DROP OFF FORM/FEES AT LIBRARY
Pay your membership dues by check. Download, print, and fill out the PDF version. Make checks payable to the Friends of the Longmont Library. Then mail your check with your completed membership form or drop it off at the Circulation Desk at the Library. Our address is: Friends of the Longmont Library 409 4th Avenue Longmont CO 80501
Please do not send cash by mail.
Our volunteer program is suspended until further notice. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Volunteering is easy and fun, with short manageable time slots that are flexible enough for any schedule. Whatever your skills, we’ve got a position for you! When you sign up, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with all the details. Sign up to volunteer by clicking the VOLUNTEER button and completing the online form.
What? Books • CDs • DVDs + BluRays — in NEW/EXCELLENT condition We accept only 2 BOXES at a time from each donor
When? Thursdays Only between 9 AM to 12 Noon
Where? The underground parking garage is closed. Our new donation location is outside the east entrance of the Library. Place loose donations in the bins and boxes on the rolling carts.
Please do *not* donate the following:
- Book Categories: Business • Computer • Law • Tax Codes • Textbooks • Yearbooks
- Media: Cassettes • VHS • Homemade Recordings
- Catalogs, Phone books, etc
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Magazine Publishers: Reader’s Digest Condensed books, Time Life books, etc
What happens to donated items to the Longmont Library? Some items may be added to the Library’s collection. Otherwise they may be sold at our year-round Lobby Book Shop, at our Book Sales, or online. We recycle any unacceptable materials.
Please remember: NEW/EXCELLENT CONDITION ONLY!
Thank you for thinking of us…and following these new regulations! We surely appreciate you!
More easy ways to send a little love our way:
Buy our books on eBay. Our username is LongmontFriends. Check us out!
Donate a percentage of your sales on eBay to us. When you sell items on eBay, you can donate a percentage of your winning bid to us. On the listing form, find the “eBay for Charity” section and select us — LongmontFriends. Read about “Selling to Benefit Nonprofits” on eBay.
Designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. When you shop on smile.amazon.com, choose us as your charity of choice, and Amazon will give us 0.5% of your purchase price — at no extra cost to you! It’s simple to designate us: On your first visit to Amazon Smile, simply type our name — Friends of the Longmont Library — in their charitable organization search box. Follow the prompts to designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. Then whenever you shop Amazon, shop through the AmazonSmile site and every purchase will benefit our Library! Read all the AmazonSmile details.