WE NEED YOU!
Recent headlines in the Times-Call stated that the city of Longmont faces a $11.33 million shortfall in revenue this year. This will deeply affect the Longmont Public Library’s budget. Our Library needs our Friends Members now more than ever. Your monetary donations and support are sincerely appreciated at this great time of need.
We have many ways for you to get involved and support our Library:
- Join the Friends as a Member
- Volunteer *temporarily suspended*
- Donate books *temporarily suspended*
- Buy items at our book shop, Online Deals and gift shop
- Give a monetary donation to us through PayPal or Colorado Gives
- Still more ways: buy books on eBay, donate through eBay sales, use Amazon Smile
Our Friend’s Members support our mission for a strong Longmont Public Library, funding programs, services and resources. And you get great benefits:
- An annual Membership: renews each year on January 1
- Members Only Book Sale Preview Nights
- Discounts for our Special Features items at our Shop, Sales and Online Deals
- A monthly online newsletter
- The sensational satisfaction of making our Library a grander place!
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION & PAY YOUR DUES ONLINE
Click the JOIN button below to pay your membership dues online and complete the online application.
MAIL OR DROP OFF FORM/FEES AT LIBRARY
Pay your membership dues by check. Download, print, and fill out the PDF version. Make checks payable to the Friends of the Longmont Library. Then mail your check with your completed membership form or drop it off at the Circulation Desk at the Library. Our address is:
Friends of the Longmont Library
409 4th Avenue
Longmont CO 80501
Please do not send cash by mail.
Please note that due to the closure of our Library, our volunteer program is suspended until further notice. As soon as our library system is up and running again, we will be accepting additional applications.
Volunteering is easy and fun, with short manageable time slots that are flexible enough for any schedule. Whatever your skills, we’ve got a position for you!
BOOK SALES: We host several Book Sales at the Library. Our volunteers:
- Set up
- Cashier during the book sales (this position requires certification prior to the sale)
- Fixer-uppers organize and keep the books looking nice during the book sale
- Bake cookies for our volunteer workers
- Close down the sale
LOBBY BOOK SHOP: Our year-round Book Shop is found in the Library lobby. Volunteers select and price books, stock shelves, and more.
SORT OUR BOOKS: Book Sorter volunteers are trained to sort books by subject in the Friends’ Sorting Room, located in the Library’s basement. Our best Book Sorters are people who are analytical thinkers, organized, and like to follow directions.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Click the VOLUNTEER button, complete the online form and let us know what you might be interested in doing. Then our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with all the details.
We are *not* accepting book donations at this time.
We accept Books • CDs • DVDs + BluRays • Audiobooks
ALL DONATED ITEMS MUST BE IN NEW OR VERY GOOD/GENTLY USED CONDITION
Please do *not* donate:
- Items in not great condition, broken or damaged
- Cassette tapes, VHS, or homemade recordings
- Business books
- Catalogs, phone books, etc.
- Computer books
- Medical/Nursing books
- Old law books and tax codes
- Magazines or Newspapers
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- TimeLife books
Where? There is a drop off location at the north end of the Library’s underground parking garage — open during Library hours.
What happens to donated items to the Longmont Library? Items in excellent condition may be added to the Library’s collection. Otherwise they may be sold at our year-round Lobby Book Shop, at our Book Sales, or online. We recycle any unacceptable materials.
More easy ways to send a little love our way:
Buy our books on eBay. Our username is LongmontFriends. Check us out!
Donate a percentage of your sales on eBay to us. When you sell items on eBay, you can donate a percentage of your winning bid to us. On the listing form, find the “eBay for Charity” section and select us — LongmontFriends. Read about “Selling to Benefit Nonprofits” on eBay.
Designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. When you shop on smile.amazon.com, choose us as your charity of choice, and Amazon will give us 0.5% of your purchase price — at no extra cost to you! It’s simple to designate us: On your first visit to Amazon Smile, simply type our name — Friends of the Longmont Library — in their charitable organization search box. Follow the prompts to designate us as your Amazon Smile charity. Then whenever you shop Amazon, shop through the AmazonSmile site and every purchase will benefit our Library! Read all the AmazonSmile details.